Wednesday, May 21, 2008

She's Here

So I'm a little behind on my posts, I can definatly say I now know the true meaning of sleep deprivation. Let's back up a little bit, on May 6th I went to work and starting having contractions, they were about 20 minutes apart and I didn't think anything of them since I'd already had false contractions earlier that week. Well around one I start to notice they get down to about 10 minutes apart and they are starting to hurt! So I leave work early and go home since I could hardly talk through them. My mom takes me to the hospital at 4 the nurse checks me and say's I'm dialated to a 5 and that they are admitting me. The Anesthesiologist comes in at 4:15 gives me an epidural and Jodi gets there at 4:45. We sit and relax for a while, at 6 o'clock I'm dialated to a 7 and the doctor breaks my water, and at 7:30 I'm to 10. They had my contractions go for an hour to help push her down more and than I started pushing at 8:15. They told me I would push for an hour-hour and a half and then they would call the doctor in for the delivery. Well at 8:30 in the middle of a push the nurse is like STOP PUSHING! She goes and gets the doctor and at 8:45 pm Abigail Renae Hamer made her enterance into the world.


She weighed 7 pounds 6 ounces and was 19.5 inches long.



We got to take her home on Thursday May 8th and it has been quite the adjustment to make. Everyone tells you all their stories of motherhood and family bonding ext but nothing can really prepare you for it till you go through it yourself. Although it is challenging at times I really am loving it.



We got to celebrate my first Mothers Day. Its still a little crazy to think that I am a mother!


I can't believe how fast these 3 weeks have gone. Its amazing to watch her change on a daily basis, and it makes me a little sad to think how fast she will grow. Here are some of my favorite pictures of her, and I'll have more to come soon.






















No comments: