Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Rough Night


Let me start this post out with a little about Scentsy We got one a little before our wedding and have absolutely loved it. We've gotten many scents and the burner stays in our living room in the corner. Scentsy warmers have no open flame and the specially formulated wax melts at just above body temperature with the use of a 25 watt light bulb. Not only is the risk of fire eliminated, so is the risk of serious burns to the skin if the wax is accidentally spilled.
Never have I been more grateful in my life for that last sentence.

We started out the day good, this is Abbie on the way to daycare (cheese! as she likes to say)
I picked her up from daycare, we went home and I was cleaning up the kitchen doing dishes and cleaning off the counter while Abbie was running around the house. I thought Abbie sure is being quite, so I went into the living room to see what she was up too as quietness is often a bad sign as it means she is getting into something she shouldn't be, and sure enough as I walked into the living room I watched her grab the cord of the Scentsy and all the wax spilled all down her head, face, and body.
I panicked and picked her up and put her straight into the tub under cold water making the wax all harden. I called my mom in tears and started rubbing off the wax from her face, as my mom reassured me the Scentsy wax wouldn't burn skin and she said to just rub the wax out of everything. As I started doing this Devin got home from school to find the house and both me and Abbie a mess. Luckily she wasn't burned anywhere but her hair was quite the mess.
The front
The back
Living room wall

After about an hour and a half of combing through her hair, washing it 3-4 times, and many tears from both me and Abbie we finally got all the big chunks out her her hair, although it still has the texture and smell of wax.
After all the commotion she was quite tired and got her giant teddy bear, layed down on it and fell asleep in about 10 minutes.

I have never felt more blessed and emotional after everything last night, it was really scary to think that she could have been burned all down her little body. I'm so glad that she wasn't and that everything turned out okay in the end. I'm so thankful for such a beautiful daughter and for how much love and joy she brings into my world, and for a husband who is there to help keep me calm and clean up my messes. We had a rough night but its nothing compared to what it could have been.

No comments: